The Central Region Emergency Response Team (ERT) is a coolaboration between the Town of Southington, The City of Bristol, the Town of Plainville and the Town of Plymouth. The Central Region Emergency Response Team is an elite group of dedicated and highly skilled Police Officers committed to saving lives through crisis negotiation and superior tactics.
Recognizing that the presence of a highly trained, highly skilled police tactical unit has been shown to substantially reduce the risk of injury or loss of life to citizens, police officers and suspects; and recognizing that a well managed “team” response to critical incidents usually results in successful resolution of critical incidents, it is the intent of the Bristol, Plainville, Plymouth and Southington Police Departments to work together to provide a highly trained and skilled tactical & crisis negotiation team as a resource for those law enforcement agencies included in the inter-local agreement who need assistance with critical incidents.
- Team Commander: Lieutenant Keith Egan
- Team Leader: Sergeant Donald Mackenzie
- Team Leader: Sergeant Nathan Boislard
- Negotiator: Sergeant Timothy Wilk
- Sniper: Officer David Carbone
- Operator: Officer Christopher Lamarre
- Operator: Officer Giuseppe Vernali
- Operator: Officer Matthew Hammell
- Operator: Officer Justin Burke
- Operator: Officer Michael Fisher
- Operator: Officer Ryan Post